Thursday, May 29, 2008

Alpha test?

I think this project is about 90% completed, but you know what they say: the last 10% takes 90% of the time ;)

There are lots more things to do, but all of the major functions have been implemented.

If anyone is interested in giving it a try, please make a comment here. I can make it available for anonymous download, so you don't have to provide an e'mail address if you want to preserve your anonymity.

Size:
o Addon Zip file: 16.5 MB, expands to 74MB on disk (cmod model files aren't very compact); Celestia + telescope with control desks is about 250MB when fully loaded into RAM.

Performance:
o 15-20fps on a 3.4GHz P4-550 + Nvidia 7800GTX

I'd be interested in knowing what kind of performance is seen on other systems. I fear it may be unacceptably slow on many configurations. :(

1 comment:

Chris Laurel said...

I'd like to try it out--there may be some more performance tuning of Celestia that I can do.